Blueberry and Cream Cookies

Blueberry and Cream Cookies

Blueberry and Cream Cookies

Blueberry and Cream Cookies

Blueberry and Cream Cookies

Blueberry and Cream Cookies

About a week ago, I made blueberry cornbread, and bought way more blueberries than necessary for the recipe. I froze some for later use, but I still had a container that was on its last legs in the refrigerator, and needed to come up with another recipe quick. Blueberry and cream cookies. I’ve wanted to make blueberry cookies for a while now, but only saw recipes that called for dried blueberries. While that sounded OK, I wanted to try using fresh berries, and finally found a recipe from allrecipes that called for them. The recipe itself looked like a chocolate chip cookie recipe, so I adapted it to match my own, and made these blueberry and cream cookies.

These cookies were fantastic! They were soft and cake-like, with bursts of juice from the blueberries. The almond extract in this recipe (you can substitute vanilla if you’re allergic) added a nice sweet and nutty flavor that really complimented the berries. I think these would be the perfect cookie with a cup of tea; or at least I imagine it would. I couldn’t stop eating them right off the baking rack. One thing to make note of is that these cookies are best on the first, maybe second day only. I wanted to take them to work with me, at least what was left over, but with the blueberries being so fresh, they made the cookies a little too soft (uncomfortably soft) and moist. I didn’t think it would be a good idea to share them at that stage. Though these have become one of my favorite spring cookies, I would like to try them again with dried blueberries, and maybe make ice cream sandwiches. I also liked the cookie batter so much on its own, that I might make another batch with nothing else added.

blueberry and cream cookies

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup (1-stick) unsalted butter room temperature
  • ¼ cup half and half ((milk is fine too))
  • 1 egg
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries picked over
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, half and half and almond extract and mix on low speed until blended. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Switch to a spatula and fold in blueberries.

Using a medium ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoons, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the dough mounds 2 inches apart.

Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned about 12-15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Cookies are best eaten within two days.

//z-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/onejs?MarketPlace=US&adInstanceId=d5b2b535-2ea4-4165-b203-3de779a7596e

1. Tami @ ThisMomsDelight says:

Cookies of all kinds are my little guy’s favorite snack. Blueberry anything is my weakness, one I’m not usually willing to share. However, just this once, we will both enjoy making and eating these delightful treats.

2. Working Mum says:

These look ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I kid you not. Your photos of them are so good that I could almost eat my computer screen. Been breastfeeding for a lifetime or so (okay four years on and off) and I am RAVENOUS all the time…I need these cookies! And also your photography is incredible!

3. nmetolen75 says:

Those cookies look so amazingly delicious! Kind of like a warm muffin in a tasty cookie package. I would definitely have no problem eating them all up in 1-2 days! Blueberries are on sale this week at my grocery store, I’ll have to pick some up to give this a try.

4. tweeteattravel says:

I usually burn everything I bake so I try to stay away from baking but this recipe seems simple enough. These look so amazing I think I might have to give them a go. Blueberries have been so ripe & sweet lately. Plus on sale:-)

5. elenasts says:

This is my favourite combination. I love cookies with fruits. I have to try this recipe.

6. lisa says:

Yum, what a great combination! I love Blueberries and I think these cookies will make great snacks for the kids too, thanks for sharing this! Pinning!

7. Lynzy & Co says:

OMG these looks so incredibly good. I am totally all about a soft cake like delicious cookie and I need to make these ASAP. YUMMMMMMMM

8. Soft and chewy. They more cake like.

9. This looks like a good one! Pinning it for later. So do these come out crispy or chewy?

10. joyfuliowan says:

Love it! I am going to be pinning this for later! I love blueberries!

11. I just this week tried to make some blueberry muffins. They ended up not quite turning out… oh well. Maybe I would have better luck with these yummy blueberry cookies.

12. Jacqui S says:

Oh, these look really good! I love blueberries and so does my son. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I’m going to have to add it to my collection.

13. Most of my recipes start with either left over ingredients or clearing out my cupboard.

14. We love blueberries! These cookies sound absolutely divine and such a great treat. I love that the recipe calls for fresh blueberries as and ingredient. We are definitely going to indulge in these!

15. What a delicious idea! I honestly have never heard of Blueberry and Cream Cookies! Looks like an easy recipe and doesn’t call for any ingredients that are difficult to obtain. Awesome post!

16. This looks super yum and so easy to veganise. Love how you did this recipe off of the back of having more than enough ingredients for your last one haha!

17. Yummy! We have a lot of blueberries but I normally just toss them into our yogurt or our muffins.
    I am going to print off this recipe and give it a whirl. These cookies look delicious and so easy to make.
    Question: Can you swap our almond extract for vanilla?

18. Hellocuppies says:

Cookies that need to be eaten within 1-2 days!? Sounds like my kind of cookie. I love a soft cakey type cookie too so will definitely try these – also reminded me I need to freeze left over fruit more often!! 🙂