I will fully admit that most of my recipes start out with me trying to clean out my cupboard. I had about half a bag of peppermint baking chips left over from my e+e holiday baking and needed to do something with them. Having said that, if you’re looking for a quick, easy, family-friendly dessert/snack, make this peppermint crunch bark. I love it when you can make a satisfying dessert that’s so quick and easy. And it looks a little fancy too.
Peppermint Crunch Bark
- 12 ounces chocolate chips ((1 bag, I used Guittard extra dark chips))
- 1 ½ cups rice krispies
- 1 cup peppermint baking chips ((I used Andes peppermint crunch baking chips))
- Line a 9 x 13 –inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 30-second intervals until the chocolate has melted, stirring between each interval.
- When the chocolate is melted and smooth, fold in the rice krispies. Smooth into the baking sheet and top with the peppermint baking chips, pressing gently into the chocolate. Freeze until set.
- Break into chunks and enjoy!