Pumpkin Waffles

Pumpkin Waffles

Pumpkin Waffles

Pumpkin Waffles

I actually thought I was done with pumpkin until I found another can in the cupboard, so get ready for two more pumpkin recipes!  So far out of everything I’ve made with pumpkin, I never use more than half a can, so I automatically have to make two recipes. This time I decided to make pumpkin waffles.  Last year I made very simple pumpkin pancakes that were great, but this year I wanted more of a pumpkin pie-like waffle.

I wasn’t disappointed.  These were hearty yet airy waffles.  I used Miles and his friend as guinea pigs and they kept eating them as fast as I could make them.  They would sprinkle one with powdered sugar, and then drown another in syrup. They even made a little waffle sandwich with their bacon!  I got a little fancy with mine and added a few toasted pecans.

Pumpkin Waffles

• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  1. Preheat oven to 250°F and preheat waffle iron.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. In a large bowl, whisk eggs until blended, then add milk, buttermilk, pumpkin, and butter until smooth. Whisk in dry ingredients just until smooth (batter may still be a little lumpy).
  3. Spoon batter into waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
  4. Transfer waffles to rack in oven to keep warm and crisp. Repeat with remaining waffle batter. Serve with syrup, powered sugar or toasted pecans.

Adapted from epicurious

1. kimchichick says:

Mmmm! I can just imagine maple syrup with a dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg on these waffles. Looks delish!

2. Jenna says:

Yum! I love pumpkin everything! Especially pumpkin breakfast stuff.

3. Thanks! I was never really into pumpkin, but now I can’t stop trying pumpkin recipes.

4. Haha! So funny, because I think the pumpkin cans in my cupboard are multiplying! Good thing — now I can try these! They look fab!

5. Melissa you’re right! I think I may have to make them again 🙂

6. Yay! I hope you do and please let me know how you liked them.

7. I hope you get one soon. You should try my pumpkin pancake recipe in the meantime. You might like it 🙂

8. I love waffles and these look so delicious!!

9. Lauren White says:

Yum! I think I’ll make these this weekend!

10. Melissa says:

These look amazing and would be perfect for Halloween breakfast!

11. Citra Kale says:

waffle maker is still on my wishlist. like your recipe. thx for sharing

12. You should definitely try my pancake recipe

13. Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen says:

I wish I had a waffle maker. These look sooo good! Both pumpkin and waffles are on my list of favorites.

14. Though I’m not a pumpkin fan, Like the waffles. may be I should give it a try.

15. Looks so good! I love waffles, and make them pumpkin!!?? Yum.