French Frychos

French Frychos

French Frychos

French Frychos

A few weeks ago I tried tater tot nachos for the first time.  I literally thought I died and gone to heaven.  There were so many of my favorite things in one bowl.  Tater tots, beans, sour cream, cheese, and bacon. It was like magic.  When I came home and told Miles about it, he asked if I would make it for him that night, but with fries instead of tots.  I didn’t make it that night, but over the weekend I made what I call French frychos.

I put them on a little platter, sat down on the couch with two forks and put on One Punch Man (my new favorite cartoon, watch it!).  We sat there and cleaned the platter in what seemed like minutes.  This has become our new weekend go-to guilty pleasure instead of ordering a pizza.

French Frychos

• 1 lb bag frozen fries (, you’ll only need half the bag)
  • 1 cup refried beans
  • 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 strips of thick cut bacon (, cooked crisp and roughly chopped)
  • sour cream
  • chives (, for garnish)
  1. Bake French fries according to package instructions. When done adjust the temperature to 375°. While the fries are cooking you can cook the bacon. You can also heat the beans in a microwave safe bowl for about 1- ½ minutes, or until warm.
  2. Remove fries from oven when just under crispy. Layer all but ¼ cup of cheese on top of the fries. Spread beans on top of cheese. Return to oven, cook until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, remaining cheese, chopped bacon and chives. Serve warm.

1. You had me at bacon! these look soooo good and easy to make too. my favorites:)

2. That’s exactly what it was for me!

3. Agnes says:

This looks amazing! Great form cheat day

4. I said the same thing! But it was worth it

5. khoner001 says:

OMG I should not be eating this but I am going to make this tonight!!! I never heard of such a delicious thing.

6. Lulle.Beaumiroir says:

It looks sooo good for a weeknight when all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch Netflix, lol!

7. shereesbrand says:

Goodness! That looks so yummy! I loveeee loaded fries!

8. Ruxandra says:

I usually do this with nachos! never tried with fries – looks as delicious though

9. theblissfullyexhaustedmama says:

Yum! This would be the perfect treat while watching football.

10. Sumti says:

yummy.. I would love to try this

11. Omg game day would be perfect!

12. Nellwyn says:

This sounds amazing and I can imagine it being the perfect game-day food! There’s nothing like friends, sour cream, and bacon!

13. Sasha says:

I LOVE THIS! It looks delicious! I’m definitely sharing this for future reference! 🙂

14. OMG. Are you kidding me. Those look so dang good!

15. OMG! Looks so good and yummy. Thank you for the recipe

16. These sounds incredibly, I’ve been obsessed with beans lately can’t wait to try this!

17. Thanks! It’s sooooo easy to make. And you can get as creative as you want with it.

18. Oh my word that looks unbelievable!