French Frychos

French Frychos

French Frychos

French Frychos

A few weeks ago I tried tater tot nachos for the first time.  I literally thought I died and gone to heaven.  There were so many of my favorite things in one bowl.  Tater tots, beans, sour cream, cheese, and bacon. It was like magic.  When I came home and told Miles about it, he asked if I would make it for him that night, but with fries instead of tots.  I didn’t make it that night, but over the weekend I made what I call French frychos.

I put them on a little platter, sat down on the couch with two forks and put on One Punch Man (my new favorite cartoon, watch it!).  We sat there and cleaned the platter in what seemed like minutes.  This has become our new weekend go-to guilty pleasure instead of ordering a pizza.

French Frychos

• 1 lb bag frozen fries (, you’ll only need half the bag)
  • 1 cup refried beans
  • 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 strips of thick cut bacon (, cooked crisp and roughly chopped)
  • sour cream
  • chives (, for garnish)
  1. Bake French fries according to package instructions. When done adjust the temperature to 375°. While the fries are cooking you can cook the bacon. You can also heat the beans in a microwave safe bowl for about 1- ½ minutes, or until warm.
  2. Remove fries from oven when just under crispy. Layer all but ¼ cup of cheese on top of the fries. Spread beans on top of cheese. Return to oven, cook until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, remaining cheese, chopped bacon and chives. Serve warm.

1. Michael says:

I always love a new recipe, especially when it’s a delicious as it looks

2. TheFallibleQueen says:

right? lol Honestly all your recipes look yummy can’t wait to test them out(:

3. Heather who knows, you might create something even more delicious!

4. OMG, I’m a bacon addict!

5. It’s so sinfully good!!

6. Me too! It was like a food miracle coming to life. lol

7. This is so unique and even without having a bite, I can already imagine how good it would taste like! I like nachos and I love fries. Combine the both of them and boom! How can I resist?

xoxo, G

8. TheFallibleQueen says:

This is a combination of some of my favorite things <3. I love sour cream, fries and cheddar cheese. I'll have to try this sometime soon(:

9. That looks really appetizing, I have to admit. I am not really big on french fries usually, but these look amazing.

10. Thanks! I hope you like the recipe

11. Shane says:

I am drooling over my screen! This looks so incredibly delicious! Pinning for our next party.

12. Heather says:

Oh my gosh, I need these, like right now! Hmm…wonder if I can make it work with what I have in the house.

13. Lizzy says:

OMG these look absolutely divine!

14. ohmummymia says:

Looks so delicious! Need to be so yummy and I love fries:D