So about a week ago I went to the store hoping to buy a pint of Baileys Irish cream. The store was out of pint-sized bottles, so I bought a fifth, came home and made the cinnamon chop bread with an Irish cream glaze. Now, what to do with all the leftover Irish cream? Put it in my coffee? My hot chocolate? Add it to chocolate milk? Pour it over ice cream? Actually, all of those ideas sounded heavenly, but I really didn’t want this bottle to linger in my house, so I began to think of another dessert I could make a little boozy. Brownies! Better yet, cheesecake brownies! It was something I’ve never made before. Well, I’ve never made a cheesecake before. So Irish cream cheesecake brownies it is!
I was going to go with my tried and true brownie recipe, but I’m always game to try others, and adapted a recipe I found on epicurious. The brownies were pretty tasty. I loved the chocolate/cream cheese combo and the Irish cream added a nice delicate balanced flavor to the cream cheese. I wasn’t too happy with my swirls on top, so at the last minute, I added a few over dark chocolate wafers and sprinkled them on top. I thought that made it even better. They were like little bursts of chocolate with every creamy cheesecake Irish cream bite.
Irish Cream Cheesecake Brownies
for the brownie
- 1 stick ((1/2) unsalted butter, cut into pieces)
- 4 ounce dark chocolate (, chopped)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate wafers ((or chocolate chips))
for the cheesecake batter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (, well softened)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Irish cream ((I used Baileys))
- ¼ cup dark chocolate wafers ((or chocolate chips) for sprinkling on top)
make brownie batter
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with pan coating.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the butter and chocolate together at 30 second increments just until melted. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Whisk in flour until just combined. Stir in chocolate wafers and spread in baking pan.
make cheesecake batter and bake brownies
- Whisk together cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Dollop over brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula. Sprinkle chocolate wafers on top.
- Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from epicurious
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “none”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “neuroticbak01-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Items used in this recipe (may contain affiliate links)”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B00NC2Z7I8,B004FM0KWM,B002UNMZO4,B005PP9ACY”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “25effe0c1c3247766016461dc95be843”;