When I saw this recipe, I immediately thought of a friend of mine who’s addicted to peanut butter. I’m pretty sure he could live on it alone, so I decided to make this peanut butter chocolate chip bread in his honor. Personally, I thought the concept sounded a little odd, but when I tasted the bread, I became a believer.
The texture of the bread was not unlike any quick bread that you’re already familiar with ie, banana, or gingerbread. It is funny though, with so much peanut butter flavor, you did crave a nice tall glass of cold milk. I thought adding the chocolate chips was a classic move, since chocolate and peanut butter go so well together. If you want to add a little more texture, you could try adding chunky peanut butter. Believe me, I was tempted.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add milk, eggs, sugar, and peanut butter to a food processor. Secure lid and “pulse” until ingredients are blended and smooth (you can also do this with an electric beater).
- Add remaining ingredients and secure lid. Pulse 4–6 times or until flour is incorporated. Carefully fold in mini chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased 9-x-5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Adapted from she wears many hats