Last week during our Friday Social at work, we were joking about peeps. Everyone thinks they’re cute, but no one likes to eat them. We were trying to think of things we could do with them. We all thought peep s’mores might be tasty. Then they challenged me to come up with something for this week. I wanted to make something that looked like a peep, but I didn’t want to make a sugar cookie. Then it hits me, brownies! I would make brownies in the shape of peeps, dip them in chocolate, spread marshmallow fluff on top and then decorate with sugar. Luckily, I was able to find the cookie cutters and sanding sugar online and had them delivered overnight. I was pretty happy with the results. They didn’t take too long to make and it was a lot of fun.
Chocolate Covered Brownie Peeps
- Your favorite brownie recipe
- 1 jar of marshmallow fluff
- 12 ounces of chocolate ((to start))
- sanding sugar in pastel colors
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper for easy removal. Bake your favorite brownie recipe and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper. Carefully remove the brownies from the baking pan and put on a flat work surface. Using the cookie cutters cut out the chick and bunny shapes in the brownies and place on the baking sheets. Place the baking sheet back in the refrigerator to chill. In a medium, deep bowl, add the chocolate and melt in the microwave at 30-second increments until the chocolate has melted. Dip the brownies into the melted chocolate making sure they are well coated and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Chill the brownies until the chocolate has set. Trim off any excess chocolate with a paring knife. Pour the sanding sugar onto small plates and set aside. Spread a thin layer of marshmallow fluff on the topside of the chocolate covered brownie and then lightly press into the sanding sugar. Repeat with the remaining brownies.