I’m no stranger to the “Tasty” recipes that appear on my Facebook feed from BuzzFeed. Most of them seem almost too good to be true; simple and delicious at the same time. One of my coworkers saw a post for the caramel pumpkin pull apart bread and asked that I make it. Well, I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin (of course I would have some myself), but I agreed to make it.
This recipe was just as a delicious and simple as Tasty made it seem. I made a few minor tweaks, but I can say that the first loaf didn’t last very long in my house! I’m glad that I made two small loaves instead of one large one or my friend might not have gotten any at all!
Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread with Caramel
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (, melted)
- pizza dough ((I used a can of Pilsbury pizza dough))
- flour (, for rolling out the pizza dough)
- your favorite caramel topping ((I used Trader Joe’s salted caramel))
- In a medium bowl combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pecans, and spices.
- On a floured surface, roll out pizza dough into large rectangle. Brush the dough with melted butter. Spread pumpkin mixture evenly over dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough lengthwise into 3 long strips, and width-wise into 6 – creating mini rectangles.
- In a greased 8×4 loaf pan (or two mini pans) standing vertically on its side – stack dough pieces. Shake pan to ensure bread fully fills the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes at 350˚F.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.
Adapted from Tasty from BuzzFeed