Guess what I found in my cupboard? A bag of m&m’s in a ziploc bag? I can’t escape them! I also found half a bag of peanut butter chips and pecans. Time to put my thinking cap back on…..Blondies! I will make blondies with all three.
I used my blondie base from the peanut butter cup blondie recipe, tossed in the m&m’s, peanut butter chips and pecans and popped the pan in the oven. I’m so glad I thought of this! They were awesome. It reminded me of a good chocolate chip peanut butter cookie with nuts. I really hope I keep finding left over items in my cupboard, because it’s getting my creative juices flowing!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cup m&m's
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt; stir just until moistened. Fold in candies and pecans. Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares.